NEI UK and India
India has long been at the heart of NEI UK’s involvement in tourism and we have a long and continuing relationship with many Indian businesses, inside and outside the tourist sector.
Of course you are. Then you need to know that as an international student you will be required to have a sufficient command of the English language to enable you to follow your chosen course without linguistic difficulties.
- For study at undergraduate and postgraduate taught level, an IELTS (or equivalent) 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in reading writing, listening and speaking
- You will need to provide evidence of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at pre-sessional and IFP level
- English language support is available in Swansea at the English Language Centre
As far as international qualifications are concerned, a wide range of international qualifications are recognised and will enable you to study. These include:
- International, French and European Baccalaureates
- a minimum of the equivalent of two UK A-level passes for an Honours degree
- one UK A-level pass for an HND programme
- proof of completion of an International Foundation Programme
Fulfil these requirements? Then you’ll have to think about applying for a visa. You will need a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa if you will be studying for more than 6 months.
There are also some requirements you also need to comply with:
- you must apply for your visa before travelling to the UK
- you need to have received your Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) from the university before applying for your visa or make travel plans
- you have sufficient money to cover any remaining tuition fee for the first year of your course
- have sufficient living expenses for up to one year
We have mentioned living costs….
The majority of which, apart from the degree course costs, will be the cost of accommodation. So here are a few tips:
- Universities have a wide range of accommodation in their own Halls of Residence and for this, you might expect to pay about GBP130 per week for a modern well equipped en-suite room, including taxes, electricity, heating, wifi, etc.
- the city where the university is located will have a large variety of student accommodation to rent privately. The cost of choosing to stay there will vary for a room in shared accommodation, and will be plus taxes, electricity, heating, wifi, etc.
- the cost of housing is very reasonable in Wales and it might be possible to consider investing in a property for the duration of your stay in Wales
- living costs are very reasonable in Wales and there is a huge variety of food outlets from fast food to fine dining. There is no shortage of places to buy fresh food and home cook to keep costs to a minimum. Allow though £50 per week to maintain a good and healthy diet
There are a few more things which you might like to bear in mind…..
- you can join the Universities’ Cultural Programme and join in excursions to various locations in Wales and England
- student exchanges and UK and foreign visits are sometimes arranged
- the universities have officers who can help you with and overcome, any problems you face, whether these are financial, involve accommodation, or, welfare matters. Counselling is also available
- Airport pick up from Cardiff International and London Heathrow airports is available (at certain times of the year)
Last but not least
sWe at NEI UK want you and your parents or guardians to be assured that Wales is definitely the place where you would like to finish your education and our sister company “Wales Beckons” (www.walesbeckons.co.uk) will be happy to arrange for you and your family a ‘Try before you Buy’ short holiday in Wales. This will allow you to visit the various campuses, meet some of the lecturers and the university support staff and, importantly, to see the local countryside and the joys that will await you when you decide to study here.
If sport is for you then there are world-class rugby and football clubs and many other sports to be watched, or, participated in. You will find stunning beaches, mountains, historic castles, modern outgoing cities, lively atmosphere and a warm and welcoming people.
Wales is less than three hours from London by train.
NEI UK to...
4 Gorsto Rd
Ammanford SA18 1UW
Tel. 01269 823355
"NEI UK to..." is a trading name of "Wales Beckons Ltd" (Reg in England and Wales, Company No. 9662852) with whom all bookings are made. We do not supply any flights and none are included in our tour prices.